Star Wars is a movie that has captured the imagination of generations. As kids, most of us ran around destroying the Death Star with sticks fashioned as blasters or light sabers wearing our parents robes, as we saved a make-believe rebellion from the clutches of the evil Empire. Star Wars hit theaters in 1977 and since then it has become a household name. What if someone else had gotten one of the main characters roles and not the actor who ended up landing it? Could you image Tom Selleck as Han Solo, or Jodi Foster as Princess Leia? What if Mickey Rooney was Obi-Wan Kenobi? We not only get used to the timeless characters that these actors are portraying on the big screen, but our minds begin to believe that these actors are the character.
When production on Star Wars began, there were a lot of big actors who read for the roles of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia. Of all the big names who read, the role ended up going to an unknown, Harrison Ford. A young stage carpenter who took a small role (that almost went to an older actor), and turned him into an icon.
6 big named actors who you didn’t know auditioned for the role of Han Solo
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?