A new featurette for the Justin Kurrzel-led adaptation of the hit video game franchise Assassin’s Creed hit the internet this morning. The clip is great! It shows you how focused on practical effects the production really was. In the clip we get to see the workup for the stunt recreating the ‘Leap of Faith’ from the game. Not only is this an amazing stunt to see in the trailer, but to find out that this was a real jump performed by a stuntman is just astounding.
The stunt is the biggest stunt jump in over 30 years! This makes (what you see in the featurette) even more exciting. Congrats to Michael Fassbender’s stuntman, Damien Walters, on an amazing stunt. Check out the clip below:
Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day.
Assassin’s Creed stars Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past) and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises). The film is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth).
Assassin’s Creed hits theaters on December 21.
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?