In an interesting recent study, Marvel juggernaut Guardians of the Galaxy tops a list of the biggest on-screen body count in blockbuster films. You can cite the films final battle for reference, although a few other notable films were excluded from consideration.
Go Compare, a financial services comparison website, conducted the study which took into account the best performing Hollywood films since the 1940s and concluded that it was Guardians of the Galaxy that took the number 1 spot with a body count of 83,871. It is important to note that planets blowing up on-screen apparently didn’t count, because then Star Wars A New Hope would have made the list due to Alderaan’s destruction. Another film you could also use in this context is 2012.
Guardians of the Galaxy hosts a huge body count, screaming ahead of its competition by more than 75,000 deaths. This is what you get when Ronan wipes out 80,000 Nova Corp pilots, and has control of the power infinity stone. Taking the second place spot was 2014s Dracula Untold with 5,687. Check out the entire top 10 body count list below:
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – 83,871 on-screen deaths
2. Dracula Untold (2014) – 5,687
3. The Sum of All fears (2002) – 2,922
4. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003) – 2,798
5. 300: Rise of An Empire (2014) – 2,234
6. Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) – 1,741
7. The Matrix Revolutions (2003) – 1,647
8. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) – 1,417
9. Braveheart (1995) – 1,297
10. The Avengers (2012) – 1,019
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?