Warner Bros. Pictures and Alcon Entertainment released the first trailer for Blade Runner 2049, the upcoming sequel to the 1982 science fiction cult classic. Directed by Dennis Villeneuve and produced by the original film’s director Ridley Scott, this movie looks great. The feel of the film, and the way that the trailer is shot, looks like a perfect continuation to the original film.
Check out the first trailer for Blade Runner 2049 below:
This film is set thirty years after the events of the first film, and follows a new blade runner K (Ryan Gosling) as he deals with the repercussions of uncovering a secret that could send society into anarchy. Gosling must seek Rick Deckard, a former blade runner who has been missing for thirty years.
The whole feel of this trailer instantly sends me back to when I first saw Blade Runner. The imagery, setting, and camera work all resemble the world that Scott created for us back in 1982. It is a unique vision of Earth, and Villeneuve has excelled in the recreation of it.
Blade Runner 2049 stars Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, with Dave Bautista and Jared Leto.
It is shooting for an October 6th release date.
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?