Ever since NBC cancelled Constantine last year, fans are rabid to see Matt Ryan return to the role. He was the perfect casting, bringing the character of John Constantine to life perfectly. There was a little hope that the CW Network would pick the show up, and continue it for a second season, but those hopes were dashed. Ryan did return to the role briefly during the fourth season of Arrow.
Now news comes that Matt Ryan will once again get a chance to play John Constantine. He will reprise his role as the DC Spellcaster for an animated series for CW Seed. He is set to do voice work for six or seven 10-minute episodes.
Greg Berlanti and David S. Goyer will produce the show. The news dropped this morning when CW President Mark Pedowitz announced it at the TCA Winter Tour earlier this morning. According to Pedowitz, Ryan “added dimension to Arrow”, and that he would like to see Constantine return to the CW live-action DC shows in the future.
There is no release date set for the animated series, but you can check out some artwork for the show below:
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?