Hitting us during the Super Bowl was a surprise trailer that almost no one saw coming. It was the first trailer for Disney’s newest pirate movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, starring Johnny Depp returning as the infamous pirate Jack Sparrow. This film sets up a big finally, as almost everyone from past Pirates of the Caribbean films are present in this one.
The trailer, released by Walt Disney Pictures, is 80 seconds of everything you love about the Pirates franchise. Check out the trailer below:
Here is the official synopsis of the film:
Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Capt. Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) feels the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost sailors led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Capt. Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle. Jack’s only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it, he must forge an uneasy alliance with a brilliant and beautiful astronomer and a headstrong young man in the British navy.
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales stars Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, and Javier Bardem, and hits theaters on May 26.
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?