At a recent preview event for his upcoming film Transformers: The Last Knight in London, Michael Bay said that there are still fourteen Transformers stories outlined for future films. The films should hit in the next decade sometime.
The sheer amount of stories could be attributed to the writing room initiative held a few year ago for the franchise. The main focus of the initiative was to outline stories, deciding where the franchise should go. These films are not just films from the primary story, but include potential spin-off films and a lot more.
In a pre-recorded segment that played before the footage of the The Last Knight, Bay stated that the new stories are officially out of the development phase. One film is said to be the Travis Knight Bumblebee film, and another is said to be an animated prequel about Cybertron.
Paramount Pictures has released a featurette for Transformers: The Last Knight that shows Bay discussing his process for shooting native IMAX 3D.
Transformers: The Last Knight hits theaters on June 23.
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?