Cable is arguable one of the hottest roles in Hollywood at the moment, and casting rumors have run rampant. It appears as though we finally have a victory in the race, and it is none other than Josh Brolin. This is Brolin’s second Marvel role, as he is also Thanos in the MCU. He will star opposite Ryan Reynolds in Deadpool 2, along with Zazie Beetz who will play Domino.
Brolin beat out some big-time Hollywood A-listers such as Michael Shannon and David Harbour, who were thought to be front-runners for the role, along with Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt who were both in early talks to land the role. Brolin was not on the list of potential stars up for the role, but emerged as the winner, much to the surprise of everyone.
There shouldn’t be any confusion between both of his roles in Deadpool 2 and in the MCU, because Brolin’s role as Thanos comes with a hefty amount of prosthetics, CGI and makeup. According to sources, Brolin signed a four-picture beginning with Deadpool 2 directed by David Leitch. The film is set to begin production sometime in June, and will shoot in Vancouver.
- Zendaya Talks Mary Jane and Her Role in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’
- Zack Snyder Talks R-Rated ‘Batman v Superman’
- Zack Snyder Drops the First Glimpse of ‘Aquaman’ in Action Underwater
- Zack Snyder Drops Teaser for ‘Justice League’ Preparing for Official Trailer on Saturday
- YouTube is the Devil and Metallica is the Bastion of Good?